Hermana Courtney Haight is currently serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Sister Training Leader

BUENO,
QUE SEMANA TAN LOCA. hubo cambios. wow, sometimes its just easier to speak spanish.
Anyway. There were transfers. and President called... I´M A SISTER TRAINING LEADER AHHHHHHHHH!
wow. I am just so excited. I have so many ideas, and I don´t know hardly anything but I know that the Lord always provides the way.
Oh, I got lice. hahaha. and you need to have someone take them out, but my companion was totally freaked out. But it turned out perfect because I called an hermana and she was like "OH I LOVE KILLING LICE. COME OVER!" and she was very experienced, and enjoyed doing it too:)

This week We had a meeting with all the missionaries. and they talked about how we all went to the temple with one days notice. and President was thinking about things to do to help us reach this goal of 1600 baptisms. and we have been doing a lot of different things to create more excitement and energy! (and for that i´m super excited to work more closely w/president and help us reach the goal as a leader in the mission) and one of the assistants was like "Why don't we all go to the temple?" and president thought no way! with 200 people. you need to plan months in advance. you need to bring the names, and tell the temple presidency, and there are a lot of details. But he thought about it more, and asked the secretary to call the temple and ask if it could be possible that we go tomorrow. And they said yes! and they opened the temple early just for us! and it was beautiful to be with President and his wife waiting there at the veil.

But much later he found out that just that week a stake from South in Argentina had been preparing a temple trip for a looooooong time, preparing their names and everything to travel up to BsAs. And when they got there, they had all their names, but not enough people to do the ordanances! and the very next day came the whole mission BsAs North! and not only did it help us feel inspired to work, but one of the temple workers that opened early to help us heard a voice that said "I needed them (the names that we did)" I know that God is working in ways so much greater than what we think. We are all working together! and I just think about all the good those 200 more missionaires in the spirit world are doing! 

This week it hit me so hard, one of the clearest revelacions I have every recieved in my life. It was like a major epiphany! That I need to learn empathy. to mourn with those that mourn, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort. Because without charity we are nothing. I kind of have the attitude "Suck it up" or "welcome to the real world". and this week when my companion was really disappointed about something I was tempted to think those phrases. and that´s when it hit me. God gave me this moment to practice my Godly attributes. To become better, more patient, more charity. and with that I thought "wow, I can´t believe I didn´t see it before.  She has done more for my eternal progression than probably the majority of people I have met in my life. She is helping me so much become the person God wants me to be." and when I thought that I prayed to have another transfer with her. so that I could keep learning, and could master these Christlike attributes. And I thought God knows exactly what we need to reach the Celestial Kingdom. He is so merciful. Hermana Ritchie doesn´t do some of the things I do. But it doesn´t mean she isn´t going to el Reino Celestial. She doesn´t need to do some of those things. But me on the other hand, this is what I need to do to enter. I don{t know if this makes sense to you guys but whatever.

I love the mission. I love Buenos Aires. because it has taught me to love God. There´s nothing I wouldn´t do for Him. I´m honored to be in a position to help more of his children.

Thanks for you examples and all you're doing in the other side of the vineyard :)
Love Hermana Haight!

No comments:

Post a Comment