Hermana Courtney Haight is currently serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

Monday, April 11, 2016

Prayers

March 14, 2016

WOW MOM: thanks for the prayers! they worked!! This week we were planning on doing division with sisters that are really struggling and haven´t had a baptism in their area for 6 months. normally one sister comes here and one stays in the area and we work the day, plan, eat, sleep, study, separate. But the night before the divisions I was saying my nightly prayer, asking how I could help them, and it just came to my mind. that the two of them come to tigre to sleep and study so that we could talk about the area with all four of us. It was thanks to your prayers now that I think about it!

I organized a branch picture. (Like they did in dad´s ward) hahahaha I can´t believe they actually did it. but man, it was like hearding cats. but it turned out SO SO SO SO SO SO SO GOOD. I will have to send it to you.

The english classes are so-so. We didn´t have the keys to the church friday so we had to teach outside... but that´s okay! i taught all the little 10 year olds how to count to ten. but they couldn´t pronounce eight. so I told them, just say my last name! "six, seven, haight, nine..." 

Pray for my companion. Being new is really hard, especially when you don´t speak the language. but we had the new missionary meeting with President this week which really helped her. but it was so weird because there are only two new missionaries (one elder, one sister) so it was just the four of us. President said the first thing he is going to eat when he finished the mission is Cafe Rio.

Last night we had a super miracle!! we went to go see an investigator that didn´t come to church to see how he was and why he didn´t come all that stuff. and He said that his ex girlfriend was coming right then to bring his daughter, when she got  there, he said "Talk to them for a little bit, I have to go to the store real quick" so he left us there with Pamela (her name). and so we started talking to her, and SHE IS SUPER PREPARED BY GOD TO MEET US. poor little thing has two kids and is single and now she´s looking for work. and its like the people in alma 32 that were humbled and ready to listen. She needs to know that there is a person who loves her infinitely and is aware of all her trials, that´s she´s not alone. she accepted a baptismal date in the moment for April 3. CONFERENCE WEEKEND NOW THAT I´M THINKING ABOUT IT. hmm. but it was so interesting how God led us to meet Pamela. She said the closing prayer and then just sat there thinking for like 30 seconds and said that she felt really good. 

Thanks for thinking about me! and remembering me in your prayers. I know that this work is the work of salvation. I know that God has a plan, and if we can just trust Him enough to turn it over, that we never need to be stressed about anything.

I love Tigre and I love the mission.
I´m never coming home.
Hermana Haight



OH WE DID DIVISION AND I GOT TO BE COMPANIONS WITH HERMANA DA SILVA FOR THE DAY.


LOVE THEM





my companion trying blood sausage


we bought matching coconut rings. but mine looks like a hamster face.so it makes me think of Bricks






No comments:

Post a Comment