Hermana Courtney Haight is currently serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Nuevo Districto

Sisters from the old district -- with our Lindors!

February 23, 2015

Hola Familia!!

So you probably weren't expecting a letter from me today, but I got switched to another district so now P-days are on Mondays. Sorry, I know you will probably feel really bad about not writing but it's totally fine, don't worry about it.

Thank you so much for the package!! That was so fun to get! I will try to ration the pick me up letters. and also the candy. but mostly just the letters. Those trail mix packs really came in handy when we did an early morning session at the temple! I was so dang excited to finally get my retainer! Tell angelica and chris thank you!!! That was sooooo sweet of them to be thinking of me, and their note melted my heart. ALSO I have been getting the dear elders, so thank you for that! tell andrew that too. but i don't know his address (email or otherwise) so i can't tell him. If you could I would really like it if you could send me some pictures!! especially if you could find my baptismal one, or of your wedding, because so many times while i'm teaching I wish I could pull them out.

So, I moved from my beginner district into an intermediate Spanish district. At first I felt flattered that I'm so good at spanish and haven't even taken any in school and whatnot. Until, I went to the new class, and IT IS SO HARD. I was like ..wow, this must be how the other people in my last class felt. Everyone in the new class is SO good at Spanish. I am by far the worst one. Yo no se nada! One of the girls took Spanish for 7 years in school!  This is how i felt  --> ._.

However, the Lord provides a way that we may accomplish anything commanded of us. So I try to have faith in Christ because I know he has faith in me! Also, during our lesson I try not to worry so much about the mechanics of my spanish and just think: what do I really want this person to know? speak from the corazon!

My new companion is the other girl from my last district, who I absolutely adore. Honestly if we got to choose our companions on the very first day I would have chosen her. We are very similar and get along so well I don't even think about having a companion, because we're like the same person. She is from Nebraska, going to Colorado. She is so incredibly sweet and also spiritual, and really really good at spanish. She totally carries our lessons. Being in intermediate is nice because I feel like we can work more on becoming better teachers than just the bare bones of being able to communicate.

Everyone in the new district is really nice. and a little more focused than the last, which is good. but less funny. but EVERYONE in the zone goes to choir.... not my favorite. SO i got to go on an exchange with my old companion. and man, it was so refreshing! She is crazy funny. She told me "I discovered a Narnia hole in our room!" The plates around the power outlets are only screwed in on one side so you can flip it up and put stuff in there and also the vents too. We found pumpkin spice gum (which expires next week) and ate it. Also one of those lollipops with a real scorpion in it (and she was like I'M GOING TO EAT IT TONIGHT!!) We wanted to put cookies in the vent so that everytime the next girls in the room turn on the heat they will smell delicious cookies. haha! just kidding ;)  also, she makes me feel so good about my spanish.

Sunday evenings we get to watch a film and last night we watched a talk that Bednar gave at the MTC called "The Character of Christ". it was fantastico! It was all about how Christ turns outward when most of us would turn in and think about ourselves. In the midst of his afflictions after suffering the Garden of Gethsemane and having his three closest apostles let him down, and then is betrayed by another, he still shows kindness and concern for others by healing the ear of a guard that came to take him away. Bednar said we are usually like the cookie monster "I want cookie now!!" and he really did a very good impression. and he said missionaries are like that too "I want baptism now!" it was pretty funny. and true. He said, the mission is not about you! it doesn't matter if you think you should be having more success, or if you want more investigators. You should be more focused on others and lose yourself. I wish you all could hear it! I don't know if you can look it up, but it was muy bien!

It was good to hear for me at that time too. It has been a very humbling experience. and I have already learned so much. I can't wait for 18 months of this!!

Anyway, love you all.
HH

No comments:

Post a Comment