Hermana Courtney Haight is currently serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Still in Congreso

June 16, 2015

HOLAAAAAA FAMILIA!

TRANSFERS today and dun dun dunnnnnn! I´m still in Congreso with Hermana Lopez. How strange, it's very unusual that companions stay together for more than two transfers! So we know that we are going to make history here in congreso! I love it here and I want to serve my entire 18 months in Congreso. The ward members are INCREDIBLE.

Wow. I don´t think i´ve ever had a week so full of miracles in my entire life. We were teaching Melody (18) and she is AWESOME, she understands everything so quickly and said that the church is the only place where she feels like all her problems are gone! She really wants to repent and take away the burdens of guilt. Her baptismal date was for this sunday but her mom is difficult. Her mom said that it is too fast to be baptized and that she needs to wait months or YEARS. She even said "it would be a miracle if my mom said yes." We talked about how miracles depend on two things, the will of God and our faith. Melody had been praying that her mom will accept and support her in this decision, but it didn´t seem very likely. Then Wednesday we went to visit her and brought the baptismal dress. and AHHH she was so excited and her mom was there and saw it and we asked if she was going to come THIS SUNDAY ;) she said YES.

Entonces, Melody y Juankarlo were both baptized sunday!!! it was so great. After their baptism, they shared their feelings and it was so powerful! Juankarlo (his family is in Perú, his wife and daughter are already baptized and his son was baptized saturday, so now they can work towards the temple!!) His testimony was so precious. he said with tears in his eyes "I have never been so excited about anything in my entire life! I feel like a completely new person" I know they both are going to be super strong converts because their testimonio already is deeprooted in their hearts. And they have good connections in the ward that are going to take care of them when we leave.

Friday was WOOOOOH. sometimes miracles are a bit quiet and you need to really be looking for them or you´ll miss what God is doing. But this was a miracle so undeniable we might as well have had an angel come down! We were walking to search for someone (4pm) and we passed by and contacted someone who is incharge of the apartments. and he really wasn´t interested and said "thanks for the card but I live far away and Sundays we are busy" okay. and we went on our way. Later we had an appt with Julio a las 7 y Juankarlo a las 8. But Julio wasn´t there!!! so we thought maybe Juankarlo can be at 7:30 and we can see if Julio is back at 8;30. When we got to Juankarlo he wasn´t home either!! But right then after 5 minutes he came home! we were able to have our lesson! As were were leaving we walked by the same man we contacted early and he was so excited and said HERMANAS! HE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU. and that is how we met DAVID (que nombre, huh dad?) He thought we were Jehova´s witnesses but anyway said he has been searching for religion and peace. We had two lessons with him last week and came to church and saw the two baptisms!! tiene fecha bautismal por June 28. But after our first lesson, his 4 month old daughter died 5 years ago, and he told us "I haven´t had a good night sleep in 5 years but last night I went to bed at 10pm and woke up at 9am. I know it is because of the prayer you said yesterday in my house!" What faith. I know he is going to be such a strong convert as well! the members are really fellowshipping and he had an amazing experience Sunday.

What a gran privilegio it is to teach children of God. Sometimes I think, wow I can´t believe God has so much confidence in me! I feel so priviledged when I have the opportunity to speak and I can see in their eyes and feel in my heart the Spirit. I´m so lucky to be the instrument that brings the gospel to others!! Missionary work. it´s just the best

I love you allllllllllllll. MUWAH.
-Hermana Haight

No comments:

Post a Comment