Hermana Courtney Haight is currently serving in the Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission

Friday, November 20, 2015

D&C 24:12

November 9, 2015

This week we are really trying to reach our goal as a mission 1600 baptisms this year. So we´ve been stepping on it. this week we taught 10 more lessons than usual! And we've really seen miracles.

The biggest miracle. was Greimy. She started working and gets home at 9pm, the time when we have to be back in the apartment. so we couldn´t see her at all this week! which leaves a BIG WIDE OPENING for Satan. and she should have been confirmed last week but we went to her house and she wasn´t ready, so we got to church late, after they confirmed Diego. so I was so so so worried all week long. I called the members and asked them to visit her after 9pm. and some members sent her text messages so she felt like there were people who care about her. and we called her Saturday night. no answer. Sunday morning. nothing. and I thought. well...
We called the member that baptized her and he said he´d go to her house right then and take them to church! (wow. what an awesome member). And I was fasting for her confirmacion, and praying a lot this week. and I remember Saturday night I was already laying in bed so tired, and I still hadn´t said my prayers. and I thought, i'm just going to say them lying down. but then I thought of Greimy and how much we desperately need the help of the Lord. How am I going to expect a miracle when i'm asking for it lying in bed with my eyes closed and the blankets on? So I got up and kneeled.

and Sunday morning we recieved a message from our member that went to get griemy and it said 
"greimy and her family are already in the Chapel :D" at 9:25. five minutes early! I started to cry. How is it that God is so merciful. Normally when you don´t visit an investigator for so long they don´t come to church. I was so relieved. so happy. and the confirmacion was so beautiful.

WOW. this week, we worked our butts off. Every night that we came home, I was like I don´t think i´ll be able to get up tomorrow. so dead. so tired. But somehow every morning I felt like a whole new person and left the apartment happy and ready for another day! I thought, wow this is not normal. Only the work of salvacion you can give it your all and keep going. it made me think of the scripture in D&C24:12
12 And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Also, nine months this week. I am finally going to change my toothbrush! (because I only brought two) and i'm going to open all the clothes we wrapped up, and I´m going to do my laundry finally. i´ll send  you pictures of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment